Pamplona to Eturga Friday

Having left Jesus and Maria the hostel in a converted church it was a slow slog through the city, past the amazing Town Hall picture in this post. Then on through - a word which inevitably means a hill is involved - Cizar Menor, pause to buy aqua, then up the long steep hills to the hill of forgiveness, judging by the climb, I had plenty to seek forgiveness for... by this time I had been caught and encouraged by two previous walking companions. Bless them, they knew I was struggling and so rang ahead and booked me into an Albergue in Eturga. They knew what I didn't, that the climb down was very horrible. It was all boulders for about 1.5 km. Not scree, not gravel, but big boulder type rocks. By the time I got to Eturga I had had enough. I was however able to pause at this lovely Marian Shrine  to pray as I entered Eturga. Juan, the Hospitalero at the Albergue took one look at me, ordered me to sit down, and he returned with a small bowl of onion and beetroot salad and a huge glass of ice cold water. After this we book you in, he said. May his actions and mercy be noted by our Lord. I was the only pilgrim at the Albergue that night, and the pilgrim meal was excellent. I slept well.


Popular posts from this blog

Monastery of St Mary Magdalene

Carrion de Los Condes to Calzadilla de Cueva

The road to Belorado