Viana to Legrono- Wednesday

This was the day I reduced my pack weight by posting various items back "home". Many Euro lighter too I then wend my way onwards. Would the post office in Oldbury have a selection of boxes, tape and stuff ready for anyone to make a parcel, as this Correos did?
I also reflected that the world has changed a bit since my youth. The only two pilgrim's in the municipal at Viana last night were myself and young man, maybe 22/23 Juan Pablo...from Argentina.

Legrono was a beautiful place and I found on the recommendation of other pilgrims, the Parroquial Albergue. It was attached to the Parish Church. I was able to recharge my spiritual batteries by attending mass at noon. Then a search for food found a nice bar near the cathedral. Menu del dia provided a curious selection of items. I had the pasta Bolognese followed by Pollo Nuggets and Patatas, washed down with Helado and plenty of included vinho tinto.
Back to the Albergue for a warm "welcome, come in, it is free, but if you wish to make a donation that is up to you. "  please join us for a communal meal at 8.15 pm and Pilgrim night prayer at 9.15 pm.  Today's pictures are from the Albergue and Church.

The meal was a light salad followed by Patatas Riojan - potatoes cooked with Chirizo fabulous warming food. With a yogurt to finish. We sang the chorus of the ancient pilgrim hymn - on one of the photo's and then shared night prayer in five different languages.
On the wall was a picture of Jesus washing his disciples feet. These two lovely volunteers were running the Albergue for the Parish doing just that. They were a huge blessing.



Popular posts from this blog

Monastery of St Mary Magdalene

Carrion de Los Condes to Calzadilla de Cueva

The road to Belorado