Rabanal del Camino to Molinaseca

An early start this morning for a long uphill haul through the mountains. A climb to 1500m. The scenery was stunning as the sun came up. 
It cost a lot of energy and sweat to get to Cruz de Ferro, one the Camino's iconic spots. I had enough energy to sing "Santo,Santo,Santo " there leaving my praise to God rather than another stone as most do. 


The obligatory selfie followed....
It was later when I met Tomas, the Orthodox Monk who has single handedly repopulated Manjarin (pop 1) that he told me two more uphill km. It was as I began the descent that I realised my feet were not going to make this. I persevered for a couple more km but to no avail. The local taxi firms were on vacation so not for the first time on a Camino (remember Bill needing a taxi Chaya?) That prayer was deployed. Five minutes later along comes a fruit dealer in his truck. He gave me a lift to Molinaseca. As we descended from the mountains I realised that there was no way I could have completed today on my own. The driver refused my offer to buy him a beer so I blessed him and bade him farewell. 

A little wander round molinaseca shows what a lovely spot it is.

Popular posts from this blog

Monastery of St Mary Magdalene

Introduction

Carrion de Los Condes to Calzadilla de Cueva