Puente to Estella... Sunday


I paused to wonder how many pilgrims had crossed this beautiful medieval bridge coming out of Puente, it is the one that gives the town it's name. Why were they doing it? Were they like me at the moment travelling alone? Whilst we can all members of the body of Christ, there some things we always do alone, so may be that's good practice for the journey we make when we are called "home". Perhaps it will help us, help me, to do that if I remember the saints great and small who have already done this. 
This was definitely the day of bridges. Plenty of them, and mountain scenery too. I remember bursting into "How lovely on the mountains are feet of him, who brings Good News..." Then I am thinking, those mountains were put there one way or another by God, and here am I, called to bring "Good News" to his people. Well I have tried, but as the old testament prophets make clear, it is not ( despite what church authorities will have you believe) a results business. Faithful service does not always change hearts, it just stands as a sign to those who would see. Christians are not called to be successful, there are called to be faithful. 
Hmm, guess you spotted it's Sunday! 
 On a lighter note a lovely shopkeeper in a village I passed through put a table and chair out for me to eat and drink at so I had a moment to think of the amazing people that make up the Grace Mary to Lion Farm Big Local Partnership. Gm2Lf. If you are reading this guys , hi, you rock! This partnership is slowly making a difference to the area it serves. Check out the facebook page, search Google. So here is the Gm2Lf bug resting on a can in a village in Northern Spain... if you were here guys I would buy you one ... ah well never mind! 


These additional photos explain why this was the day of the bridge. The first a this was a canal aqueduct, almost as spectacular as Chirk, but not quite, the second another delightful medieval bridge along the way.

Popular posts from this blog

Monastery of St Mary Magdalene

Carrion de Los Condes to Calzadilla de Cueva

The road to Belorado