Villacazar de Sirgar to Carrion de Los Condes

Only a short walk today that brought up halfway for us. A mere 6 km. Tomorrows long section will cross the 100 km mark for the week, and I am sure have more memorable moments. Today alongside the wheat fields, as they have been since day 2 were more beautiful poppies. The most I think that I have seen. In the UK we associate poppies with "Remembrance". I was reflecting on the quarter of a million pilgrims who walk part of this Camino each year, many of whom travel the entire way. What an amazing amount of memories, experience, learning and joy to take home with them. Memories are not just linked to such intense events but to daily life too. I wonder which are your most important? 

God reminds me through the remembrance of the Last Supper at every mass of the importance of memory and of that momentous event. No wonder it is so central to Christian life, which reminds me, I had better remember to take my Spanish missal with me later tonight! 

Popular posts from this blog

Monastery of St Mary Magdalene

Introduction

Carrion de Los Condes to Calzadilla de Cueva