Sunday's walk!



Well it was good to be back on the trail today, even if the weather was not what I would have hoped for. Out with the rain kilt, on with the rucksack rain cover. ..
I planned a gentle 14 km stroll from Ponferrada to Cacabelos. This I managed in a good time, being careful with my feet.  It was then I discovered that the Albergue I planned to stay in was Cerrado. So onwards to the next one, which turned out to be at Villafranca del Bierzo. So today was a 24.5 km hike. Mercifully there were no ill effects, apart from some tiredness and aching to my feet.  I was able to shower for the first time in a while, boy that felt better. It's hard to shower with dressings on your feet and open sores. Whilst there is still plenty of healing to occur, a small degree of normality has returned. Tomorrow I plan a rather shorter journey.  Despite Villafranca being a relatively small town I found a nice bar and took advantage of the menu del dia. Green beans and bacon, hake and chips, ice cream, bread roll, glass of beer €11, lovely.

Sometimes it's just the simple things that are needed.

Popular posts from this blog

The Call of the Camino

Villacazar de Sirgar to Carrion de Los Condes

Eturga to Puente de la Reine