Compostella

We found the pilgrim office easily, well signposted and practically deserted. There were a few other pilgrims collecting their Compostella's or Certificate de Distance where the pilgrimage was for non religious reasons or they just wanted that. I confess to tears as received mine. The guy issuing it had grasped my hand warmly as I took it from him, saw my tears, got up came round the counter and hugged me whispering a short prayer in my ear. I returned the compliment and thought what a caring and sensitive gesture it was.

On the way out of the office we paused to pray in the pilgrim chapel before taking a couple of celebration photographs which you may have seen kelsewhere.

We now have the Semana Santa programme from the Cathedral and look forward to a rather different Holy Week to the usual one at home.






Popular posts from this blog

Monastery of St Mary Magdalene

Eturga to Puente de la Reine

Carrion de Los Condes to Calzadilla de Cueva